Here’s a list of useful coding/development links all collated in one place for easy reference. If there are others you think I should add in, message me or put them in the comments, and I’ll add them in.
- WAMP Server – Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP. All installed in one easy bundle. WAMP Server does all the work for you with minimal configuration and hassle. Open source, and free. Download here.
- PHP.net is the home of all things PHP. Reference materials, tips and hints, downloads.
- Apache.org is where you’ll get all you need to know about Apache server.
- MySQL.com is the home of MySQL, the world’s most popular open source database software, with over 100 million copies of its software downloaded or distributed throughout its history [more>>>]. Download here.
- w3.org is the World Wide Web Consortium, an international consortium where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop web standards and policy. Responsible for administering the W3C Markup Validation Service which is a fantastic resource for ensuring you websites are standards compliant.
- Web Resource Depot is just what it says. A depot for web resources. Run as a blog style site, you can find resources, techniques and scripts in many languages and formats. Some absolutely fantastic reseources and references are linked to; and most of them are FREE!! Definitely one to check out and get resourced from.
- WebMonkey is a free, public resource for web developers. From the site: “Builders, designers and programmers like you — the people who know best — write the articles, tutorials, code snippets and other contributions.” There you have it. Great to browse for specific information and tips; or just to read in your spare time for inspiration.
- http://www.mvd.com/webguide/ – I haven’t figured out the name of this site, but it has some good stuff lurking in there.